Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Antsy and Restless

Do you ever just want to get out, start over, begin something new? Do you ever just crave a drastic change?
I do. I often get to be antsy and restless. I want to do something new and exciting. I want to travel. Man do I ever want to travel, and not just to different states...though my goal is to visit every one, I mean countries. I want to see Italy, Ireland, England, Japan, India, more of Africa, Scotland, and the list goes on and on. I want to walk streets and rub shoulders with people who are of another culture and speak a different language but still share the familiarity of laughter and smiles. I want to see sights and eat foods and smell smells that are not familiar to me. Not only do I want to travel, but I want to travel with a purpose far beyond my human desire to explore. I want to touch hearts and lives.
I want to learn new things. I've dabbled with the idea of going back to school, but the thought terrifies me to the core. I want to join culinary school, take photography classes, get my massage license, and maybe even get a business management degree. There are so many things that spark my interest, and they are swirling around in my head causing my mind to become dizzy.
I'm a dreamer, what can I say?! But, I don't want my dreams to just be far and unreachable. I want them to come true. I want to accomplish some of them...maybe even all of them.
I don't enjoy being restless and scared to death at the same time. I don't know what to do with that combination. I pray often that God will show me my next adventure, but my impatience clouds my vision and fear puts up glass walls. I often wonder how God is going to use me. I don't know where I will be in a few months, but my desire is to be in the center of his will. He has opened my eyes to so many possibilities, and I don't doubt that he will continue to bring new things across my path. He has equipped my heart with all these dreams, and he is perfectly capable of making each of them come true if he sees fit. All I need to do is let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment